Thursday, March 23, 2006

Junior Angling in Galway


I am also the Junior Officer for the Galway Coarse Angling Association. This means that I am the first point of contact for many young people getting involved in angling. To encourage new anglers into the club I meet with them initially, help them with getting the right tackle and give them tips on angling. I call the junior members when we have a club competition coming up and often borrow the mini bus from work to bring them to the venues. A new departure this year is that I am providing tackle for new anglers - a rod and net - so that they can get started. If they like it then I give than a list of what's required to get them started and send them off to the local tackle shop.
The picture shown is me and a couple of the junior's at a fishing competition on Ross lake in Galway.

No comments: